15 January 2013

Golden Globes Glamour

A little glamour in our lives from time to time makes our world a more beautiful and interesting place. Especially if we are not the ones involved, but just the ones looking and enjoying the view.

Here below are the dresses that I found most glamourous from Golden Globes 2013.

Top of my list and the dresses that I would be so happy to have in my closet:
 
Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera. Oh, Carolina Herrera, her dresses are so beautiful! Even if wearing one of her bridal gowns for my wedding was not a viable option I still secretly dream of wearing a CH dress at least once in my life. With that said, I just added another line to my bucket list.
The dress below is perfect. Look at the pocket details, please! I already told you here how much I like Lucy. Her braided hair complements the floral print on the dress so nicely. I'm in love!


Ariel Winter in Valentino - this is the dress I could wear right now, if possible. Valentino, can you hear me if I scream loud enough?! I would definitely need a special occasion to wear the CH dress, but this one I could  wear to work tomorrow. What's the harm of working in style?!



The simple elegance - true elegance


Savannah Guthrie in Badgley Mischka

 Naomi Watts in Zac Posen



The bodies- the woman that look good in whatever they are wearing but if it happens to be a nice dress the wow effect is guaranteed:

Halle Berry in Atelier Versace


Heidi Klum


Elegance again but with a little bit of glamour

Morena Baccarin- I picked this because it's a nice example of  how blue and black go well together. I don't normally like these 2 colours together but this dress is very beatiful.



Jennifer Westfeldt in Naeem Khan - the  cleavage for this dress seems just right and makes the dress very interesting



The mature ladies - or how I would like to look when I grow up

Anna Gunn in Irene Neuwirth - very nice colour and a nice change from the "traditional" dark colours women of her age are wearing.
 

Helen Mirren in in Badgley Mischka, she looks exceptional on every occasion


Please don't be shy and share your preferences with me even if not one of the above. For example, I saw that Jennifer Lopez was on the best dressed lists but I personally found her look too similar to what she wore for other ceremonies. 

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

xoxo,
Aura


For more coverage on GG 2013 you can check Garance's post
All pictures are from huffingtonpost.com

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Daaaa, si mie.
      I wanna be like her, someday :). Sau macar sa port o rochie asa frumoasa!

      Delete
  2. I shall contradict you! Glamour is the best ESPECIALLY when YOU are involved ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, yeah, but when you are in it asks for hard work and preparation and new dresses....
      But I admit it's nice to be involved from time to time

      Delete