28 December 2012

Mille Feuille Dress

As Christmas 2012 is history now, I cannot help but thinking of the New Year's Eve 2013.

And the first thing that comes to mind is, of course, what to wear for the occasion. I try not to think of anything else because melancholia takes over me towards the end of the year so, these "not so happy" thoughts need to be forgotten.

Instead I am thinking of my favourite dress in the world. It is the dress that Carrie worn in the SATC final episode : "An American girl in Paris". This would be my first option for New Year's Eve, if indeed this could be an option. I learnt that it is "only" $79 000, so you can easily figure out how close I am to affording this, let alone that it is from 2004. But, as I was saying before, a girl can dream and I like dreaming sooo much.

Carrie is stunning in this dress and she looks like a porcelain doll resting on the bed. Or maybe like a modern days princess... I guess we can all be a princess of our own castle, don't we?!



If this is too much, too ruffled for you, here below are other dresses she wore in the final episode, different styles but just as elegant and extravagant as my favourite:

 

I'm sure I won't get to be that elegant waiting for 2013 but I will try to make it special anyway by finding an outfit that will put me in that right light and the company to make me shine bright like a diamond.

Have you already decided what to wear for New Year's Eve 2013? Any special plans?


6 comments:

  1. The "mille feuille dress" is gorgeous!! The perfect dress for the perfect city! ;)
    Everything set for the New Year...both the outfit & the company. Indeed, it is the right company that makes us shine...from the inside out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a great party coming.
      Have fun and tell us all about it!

      Delete
  2. Great outfits indeed.

    Please show us what you decided to wear for New Year's Eve. I would love to see your choice since I like your style from what I've been able to see so far through your posts.

    From what I've noticed, for most parts, New Year's Eve is not such a big deal in the US as it is in Romania.

    May 2013 be a great year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Isa!
      New Year's Eve is not a big deal for me either, but I am writing now about it and will be posting it soon.
      I wish you all the best for 2013!

      Delete
  3. Loved this post!!! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. The dress is fabulous!

      Delete